The RM of St. Andrews Fire Department provides fire fighting services, public education on fire prevention, performs rescue and emergency services, first medical response, conducts fire inspections, responds to hazardous material spills and any emergency as required.
Members must undergo training to a minimum Level I Firefighting Certification and hold a Class 4 drivers license with air-brake endorsement. Members are equipped with 24 hour call-out pagers for quick response time. Some members are trained both as Fire Fighters and Emergency Medical Responders (EMRs).
The Fire Department is comprised of three district fire stations each having its own Fire Chief.
Clandeboye Fire Hall (Station #1)
Railway Avenue, Clandeboye
Chief Ed Paskaruk
(204) 738-2607 (non-emergency)
St. Andrews Fire Hall (Station #2)
5610 Highway #9, St. Andrews
Chief Ken Peacock
(204) 757-4748 (non-emergency)
Matlock Fire Hall (Station #3)
108 Grant Avenue, Matlock
Chief Justin Anniuk
(204) 389-2004 (non-emergency)
The following are recommendations from the Fire Department for residents:
- keep driveways clear of snow, tree branches, and any other obstructions (clear to a minimum width of 14 feet);
- ensure your civic address sign is visible;
- ensure that your fuel is dry and your chimney is cleaned regularly, especially if wood is your primary heating fuel;
- ensure all entry/exits in your home are cleared from snow; and,
- make sure all windows are not frozen.
For information on becoming a Volunteer Fire Fighter or Emergency Medical Responder, please click the link below: