MAY 14, 2020 COVID-19 UPDATE FOR WASTE DISPOSAL GROUNDS
Waste Disposal Grounds: remain operational and all sections in the grounds are now open but the Eco-Centres will remain closed until June 1 and we will not be accepting oil, oil filters or oil containers at this time. Please do not enter the building and please practice social distancing and do not come within 2 meters of staff.
Waste Disposal Ground Visits: Residents are requested to limit/minimize the frequency of visits to the landfills at this time. Reduce your trips to the landfill by composting on your own property, store recyclables and defer trips to the landfill as much as possible.
We want to thank everyone for their continued cooperation in placing refuse in the proper locations when visiting the waste disposal grounds.
For more information on what can be recycled go to Simply Recycle and for recycling depot information check out Recycling Depots and Recycling Information.
The Municipality has Two Waste Disposal Grounds:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Located 1 mile west of PTH #8 on Donald Road and then a half mile south on Earl Grey Road and it's on the east side
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Located on Bell Road, 1 mile southeast of Clandeboye and just off PTH #9
Waste Disposal Grounds locations and hours and tipping fee amounts.
To ensure locations are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner, the Municipality has implemented the following rules for waste disposal grounds and recycling depots.
• All vehicles must report to the custodian prior to entry and show their Refuse Permit for access to the waste disposal grounds.
• All loads must be secured so that garbage does not fall off onto roadways and cause a danger to others.
• All household garbage must be bagged in at least a 70LB bag (regular green garbage bag).
• Separate garbage into the following categories: household, burnables, recyclables and compost materials.
• No plastic bags in the compost pile.
• No scavenging.
REFUSE PERMITS: Please ensure you have your Refuse Permit to gain access to the waste disposal grounds. If you do not have your Refuse Permit, access will be denied. The current permits are green and white in color. If you require a new permit, please obtain one from the Municipal Office. There will be a $10 charge for replacement of permits.