Posted: November 6, 2023
TAX CLERK POSITION
Located in Manitoba’s Interlake Region, the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews runs along the Red River as it flows northward to Lake Winnipeg. The RM is convenient for its location to urban centers and a short drive to lake front resort communities. The Municipal Office is an easy 30-minute drive from Winnipeg and 10 minutes north of Selkirk, MB. St. Andrews is an agricultural community with residential areas, seasonal cottages around the creeks and waterways, neighbourhood businesses, and an Industrial area surrounding the St. Andrews Airport.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and as a member of the Municipalities Office staff team, is responsible for performing financial and administrative clerical duties associated with the provision of municipal taxes and services, accounts receivable and licensing in order to ensure that municipal financial transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
Provides other clerical and administrative functions that support the efficient and effective operation of the R.M. office and includes assisting other staff positions as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Certificate in Municipal Administration (CMMA)
• Knowledge of and experience with taxes and collections.
• Broad bookkeeping and Accounts Receivable experience
• Previous experience in office administration, with some prior experience in a municipal office an asset.
• Experience preparing a variety of documents utilizing Microsoft Office suite computer programs is required, experience with Muniware would be a definite asset;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
• Effective oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
Please see the full job description here.
Full-time (35 hours/week) bargaining unit position; salary range of $24.37 - $29.24 per hour based on qualifications and experience, with a municipal benefit package after a 6 month probation period. Job location is the RM of St. Andrews office in Clandeboye, MB.
The position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Attention: Tim Scammell, Chief Financial Officer