Page Updated: September 26, 2020
Effective Monday, September 28, 2020 - Manitoba Public Health Officials will be elevating the Pandemic Response Level for the R.M. of St. Andrews and other communities located within the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region to Restricted Level ORANGE. These new restrictions are being implemented to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Some of these new restrictions will include:
- Masks will be mandatory in all indoor public places
- Gatherings will be restricted to 10 people, both indoors and outdoors.
These restrictions will remain in place for a minimum of four weeks. More information on these new restrictions and updates are available at the Province of Manitoba's COVID-19 Website. All other existing orders remain the same for the time being.
R.M. of St. Andrews Office
- All visits to the RM Office should occur only if absolutely necessary
- Property Taxes should be paid on-line or mailed in prior to the October 31, 2020 deadline (more information here on Property Taxes)
- All inquiries should be done through email or phone call
Register for CONNECT and stay informed of the latest updates and information!
COVID-19 COMMUNITY UPDATE
The R.M. of St. Andrews' focus is on protecting the health, safety and security of our citizens and staff.
The Municipal Office is currently open to the public but we have implemented some changes to ensure all physical distancing requirements and safety measures are met.
- We ask that if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms that you do not attend our offices.
- In order to adhere to physical distancing requirements, we will be limiting the public to two persons at a time in the front of the Municipal Office. We have placed social distancing stickers on the floor as well as erected sneeze guards at our front counter.
- All meetings with staff are to be done by appointment only or done virtually. Please call or email in advance to make arrangements.
- We are encouraging everyone to avoid attending the Municipal Office and to consider remote payment options rather than in-person payments. These options include mailing a cheque, paying through on-line banking or using the mail slot located in front of the Municipal Office (leave cheque in envelope and do not leave cash).
- Council meetings are being held virtually and posted on-line.
- Municipal Office hours remain as 9am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are paying close attention to every development and will make informed and responsible decisions regarding any necessary adjustments to normal practices as needed.
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA - CASES AND RISK OF COVID-19 IN MANITOBA
COVID-19 TESTING INFORMATION
Why should you get tested?
TEMPORARY LICENCED CHILD-CARE SYSTEM
All Manitobans returning to work are now eligible to access the temporary child-care system to find a location that meets their needs: Temporary Licenced Child-Care
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA'S STATE OF EMERGENCY AND PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS
The Province of Manitoba has a State of Emergency and Special Public Health Orders in effect. To view information on these issues and how they may affect you or your business, go to the Province of Manitoba website.
At the bottom of the Province's webpage are Frequently Asked Questions which provide answers to many questions you may have in regards to operations of businesses or just general questions on how these orders may apply to you.
If you are unsure how the public health orders impact your business, you can contact Manitoba General Inquiry by email at email@example.com or by phone at 204-945-3744 or 1-866-MANITOBA (1-866-626-4862).
ONLINE TOOL TO CONNECT VOLUNTEERS SAFELY WITH MANITOBANS NEEDING ASSISTANCE
This new initiative by the Manitoba Government safely matches volunteer and community support to those needing goods and services such as groceries, medication, snow clearing and various other necessities. Residents in the greatest need, such as the elderly, disabled and those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 during the current global pandemic, will find the application very useful. Manitobans can access www.helpnextdoormb.ca directly or via www.Manitoba.ca/COVID19.
If you know of anyone needing assistance and they do not have access to the internet such as a friend, neighbour or family member, please reach out and register them on-line as this is a great opportunity to ensure those who require assistance get the help they need.
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA LAUNCHES PROGRAM TO HELP MANITOBANS COPE WITH ANXIETY RELATED TO COVID-19 - Click here for Questions and Answers
PUBLIC HEALTH AND VIRUS INFORMATION
For up-to-date information regarding personal preventative measures, testing and more, please go to the Province of Manitoba COVID-19 Public Health Website or the Government of Canada's dedicated webpage. For personal healthcare advice, you can call HealthLinks - Info Sante toll free at 1-888-325-9257 or visit the Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority's webpage. Other general information on Health and Wellness can be found on our Recreation webpage Health and Wellness.
For information on the Province of Manitoba's Orders and Regulations, please visit Province of Manitoba.
FEDERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Service Canada Offices located across Manitoba are available to provide assistance for the CERB program as well as other employment related programming.
The Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) includes the following programs:
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
This program provides much needed credit for small businesses to pay for immediate operating costs such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax or debt service. It is 100% funded by the Government of Canada.
EDC Loan Guarantee for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides credit and cash flow term loans to small and medium-sized enterprises. Canadian businesses in all sectors that were otherwise financially viable and revenue generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak are eligible to apply. It allows financial institutions to issue operating credit and cash flow term loans of up to $6.25 million to existing clients, with 80% guaranteed by EDC. This money is to be used for operational expenses, not for dividend payouts, shareholder loans, bonuses, stock buyback, option issuance, increases to executive compensation or repayment/refinancing of other debt.
BDC Co-Lending Program for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides term loans for operational and liquidity needs of businesses, which could include interest payments on existing debt. Similar to the EDC program, this program is available to businesses that were financially viable and revenue-generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Loans would be interest-only for the first 12 months, with a 10-year repayment period.
A MESSAGE FROM TRAVEL MANITOBA REGARDING MANITOBA'S TOURISM INDUSTRY
The Manitoba Government recently announced a new service that can help businesses, non-profit organizations and charities facing economic challenges due to COVID-19 connect to support programs like the 75% wage subsidy and the Canada Emergency Business Account, which offers interest-free loans of up to $40,000. We encourage you to take advantage of this provincial support. We also suggest you visit our new COVID-19 Manitoba Tourism Industry Toolkit, designed to assist Manitoba's tourism industry in navigating the available resources during this time.
CHANGES TO R.M. FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
The following changes are in effect to help keep our employees and citizens safe and to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This information will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.
Essential services remain in operation.
- Fire Response - remains operational.
- Clandeboye and Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds and Eco-Centres - waste disposal grounds remain operational and all areas are now open. Please do not enter the Eco-Centre building and please practice social distancing and do not come within 2 meters of staff.
- Waste Disposal Ground Visits - Residents are requested to limit/minimize the frequency of visits to the waste disposal grounds at this time. Reduce your trips by composting on your own property, store recyclables and defer trips as much as possible.
- Animal Control - remains operational.
- Public Works Operations - operations will continue as usual but the public is requested to abide by the social distancing requirements and are advised to not approach public works staff. If you need to discuss an issue, please call the Public Works Office at 204-738-2076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Red River Planning District Office is open to the public but special restrictions are in place. RRPD staff are still working and phone calls and emails will be answered. They will continue to accept and issue permit applications through various means. For more information visit their website www.redriverplanning.com.
- R.M. Run Recreation Programs and Events - most programs and events have been postponed until further notice or cancelled. Keep up to date on any changes at https://www.rmofstandrews.com/p/program-registrations
The following community cancellation and closure information will be updated on an ongoing basis:
- Parks Canada Sites: Lower Fort Garry and St. Andrews Rectory and Heritage Centre
- PARKS CANADA IS CALLING ON ALL CANADIANS TO SUPPORT THE NATIONAL EFFORT TO LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND STAY HOME - The agency is temporarily suspending all motor vehicle access by visitors at all national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas until further notice. All visitor services remain suspended and all visitor facilities remain closed. This means that all parking lots, vehicle services, trails, washrooms, day use facilities, showers, visitor centres and all camping facilities, including oTENTiks, yurts and backcountry camping, are closed until further notice. Highways and roadways which pass through Parks Canada places will remain open. Parks Canada will limit its activities to basic critical operations.
- Clandeboye Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- St. Andrews Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- Netley Community Centre - is closed until further notice. The Executive has decided to cancel the Annual General Meeting for 2020. Though elections were slated for this year, current Executive will stay on until the next AGM set for the Spring of 2021.
- Matlock Recreation Club - is closed until further notice.
- Gordon Howard Centre - is closed until further notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions for updates, please contact us at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) or email email@example.com.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO SIGN UP FOR 'CONNECT' TO STAY INFORMED
CONNECT is the communication system we use to alert you to the latest news and emergency updates. We will continue to communicate important updates to citizens as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. The best way to receive information is to register for CONNECT. This new system can text, call or email you with updates.
We want to communicate in the ways that best work for you. If you don't have internet access, please still register with CONNECT so we can phone you with important information. Please call the R.M. Office at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) for assistance with registration.
Sign up here at: http://www.rmofstandrews.com/p/register-with-us.